MINDSTORMS is a robotic theme introduced by LEGO in 1998. The MINDSTORMS kits contain various LEGO TECHNIC pieces, sensors, and motors that allow you to create and program different types of robots. It has come out with six different version since its start.
- MINDSTORMS RCX 1.0
- MINDSTORMS RCX 1.5
- MINDSTORMS RCX 2.0
- MINDSTORMS NXT 1.0
- MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0
- MINDSTORMS EV3
In 1988 LEGO collaborated with MIT (Massachusetts Institute for Technology) to develop an "intelligent brick" that could bring LEGO creation to life via computer programming.
- CubeStormer - Rubiks cube solver by Mike Dobson and David Gilday
- CubeStormer II - Rubiks cube solver by Mike Dobson and David Gilday
- ROTA - mobile robotic arm by Nxtstep101
- MINDSTORMS is the best-selling theme in LEGO's history.
- In 2008 LEGO MINDSTORMS was inducted in the Robot Hall of Fame.